Saturday, October 3, 2015

Pickles

Pickles! During my latest pregnancy (this is a scheduled post, so I was still pregnant when I was typing it) I had an ongoing craving for pickles - in particular, miniature gherkin-sized dill pickles. This wasn't all that helpful for coming up with a design, however. I eventually went with just arranging pickles in a herringbone pattern.

Herringbone Pickles

The colors are from here:

Pickled_Bluewood
Color by COLOURlovers

The background texture uses the "star" lines previously seen here. I'm really happy with how this one came out - the layout is clear but it still has textural interest. The pickles are abstract enough that it's not just a novelty print. But, the majority of voters didn't share my opinion and it only got 14 votes. My favorite entry was this one that shows cucumbers, pre-pickling, along with their blossoms.


No comments: