Sunday, October 11, 2015

Baseball

For the theme of baseball, I ask my husband (who watched a lot more baseball growing up than I did), what some of his favorite memories or aspects of baseball were. One of the things he mentioned was filling out scorecards during games. I've never done that, but I loved filling out forms as a kid, so I bet I would have enjoyed it. So, I thought I would do a design that mimicked all the little lines and boxes on a scorecard.

I started out with these colors, but ended up modifying the blue and buff and using just those:

baseball.
Color by COLOURlovers

I thought it was a little more interesting rotated into diamonds:

baseball scorecards on the bias

I also did a straight up-and-down version in black and white. This barely cracked into the top half of entries. Interestingly, someone immediately bought a full yard of it! Pretty exciting.

My favorite entry was the winner, which featured highly textured bats.

No comments: