Thursday, December 29, 2011

Lots to catch up on

Whew! Another holiday season survived. This one was particularly special, being my firstborn's first Christmas.

I have lots of stuff to blog about, but the main accomplishment I wanted to mention was that I sewed up two copies of the Baby's Book of Computer Science (fabric page here) in time to give one copy to each set of nephews/nieces! The book was a big hit with both sides of the family, so I'm really glad I was able to finish the sewing in time. I am really proud of this thing.

Baby's Book of Computer Science - front cover
Baby's Book of Computer Science - pages 1 & 2
Baby's Book of Computer Science - pages 3 & 4
Baby's Book of Computer Science - back cover

I'm going to sew another copy for my son now, since being just eight months old he wasn't going to mind if I didn't have it done in time to give it to him strictly on Christmas.

Along with sewing those two books, I also managed to finish the baby blanket I had in progress so that I could give that one, and the other finished one, when we were visiting family for the holidays, even though they weren't actually Christmas presents. The last thing I finished was the pie-of-the-month calendar, which I gave to my mother. In the rush I didn't get a picture of it completed, but all I did was a basic hem around all four edges so it pretty much looks exactly like the picture of the plain fabric.

I'm really pleased with the amount of crafting I've been able to do over the last few months, so here's to keeping it up in 2012!

No comments: