Sunday, January 12, 2014

Resolutions at 150 DPI

Since it's still right at the beginning of the year, the contest that finished last week was to make something that portrayed a new year's resolution - which had to contain at least some hand-written text. Since "saving money" is one of the most popular resolutions that people make each year, I went in that direction. My husband gave me the idea of having coins marching into piggybanks. Thinking of piggybanks reminded me of this previous pig-based design, which since it has pink tones, plus silver and gold for the coins, seemed to hit the mark perfectly. (I have used these same colors for a few other designs as well).

Galloping Piggybanks! Dancing Coins! Saving Money!

This came in 63 out of 109, with 54 votes. Lots of people did assortments of resolutions, rather than focusing on one. My two favorites were like one - one more graphic, based on tags, and the other very painterly, based on flowers and leaves.

No comments: