Saturday, February 2, 2019

Two different retro styles

For the Moon Landing design (another collaboration with Princess Awesome) I re-used the moon landing design I already made for "the sixties," but with different colors.

Blazing Stars Moon Landing

It actually did a little better this time. My favorite entry was this one.

Then, the theme was rockabilly. I wanted to do a cheater print combining some of the fabrics/motifs the style is known for - stripes, dots, checks, plaids, bandanas, denim, skulls, and cherries. I remembered that I had already done a cheater print of entirely denim before, so I reused that but added some of the other prints in.

Rockabilly Cheater Hexie Quilt

I only had time to do a few of the other prints. It would probably look a little nicer if I worked in some other designs - some burgundy bandana print and some red and black plaid, say. My favorite was the tattoo print.



No comments: