Sunday, February 17, 2019

Bananas and Bricks

We had another limited palette contest, this time with these colors:


The middle coral color is the 2019 color of the year, hence the theme. I wanted to do something a little silly so I drew bananas - a funny word on its own, plus Bruce is kind of obsessed with the word. (Not the first time I've included bananas because of him). The layout is inspired by this classic pattern.

behold the banana

So of course the "keystone" color is the one I used the least of! My favorite entry was the pencils.

Then, there was kind of a weird theme of "Desert Modernism." What this really meant was that a foundation in Phoenix, Arizona that preserves Mid-Century Modernism specifically, and specifically around Phoenix, was looking for a design to use on throw pillows at an event. Ooookay. I took inspiration from one of the houses they feature on their site, the David Wright house (designed by Frank Lloyd Wright for his son).

decorative bricks under baking sky

My favorites were these two - I do love me an isometric landscape!

No comments: