Thursday, March 29, 2018

Overcoming Orange

My six-year-old's favorite color was red for quite awhile, but he recently switched it to orange. I used to absolutely loathe orange but I'm starting to turn around on it. This week's design theme was to make a monochrome design, so I thought using orange would make it an interesting challenge (and also help my entry stand out, as it would likely not be used as much as other colors).  I made a bunch of doodles of some of his favorite stuff:
  • Dogs
  • Elephants
  • Dodos
  • Batteries
  • Screws
  • Hammers
  • Tires
  • Interlocking blocks - not legos of course because that would be a trademark violation! ;)
  • Pizza
  • Bacon
  • Bananas
  • Pickles
  • Spaghetti and meatballs
  • Stars
  • Planets
  • Lightning bolts
  • Snowflakes
  • Water droplets
  • Hearts
  • Music notes

That which brings joy

It was a lot of fun to draw! My favorite was this botanical scatter design (which ended up getting second place). This was an enormous contest with over 700 entries, and I ended up just in the top half.

No comments: