Thursday, July 5, 2018

"Princess Awesome" gives second chances

This week's contest was a sponsored one in concert with "Princess Awesome," which makes clothes for girls that includes some areas outside of the girly norm (dinosaurs, science, fire engines, etc). I've gotten my niece one of their dresses before. So the idea was to make a fabric they could use - something you would want to use for a girl's clothing, but not completely traditionally "girly."

Well, as it happened, I had a (nearly) complete idea ready to go for this. For the "ballet" theme a few years ago, I made a new version of my "ballerina plumbers," but unfortunately failed to submit it in time for the contest.  (TLDR on why I keep doing "ballerina plumber:" it was my desired profession when I was about six; plumber by day and ballerina by night.)

Sooooo, I tweaked my previous design a little - I boosted the pink (and tweaked some of the other colors) for a better contrast, and redid the pipes in the background so they are nicely curved. Thanks, me of three years ago!

Ballerina Plumbers (My Dream Job at Age 6)

This came in pretty much smack-dab in the middle of the pack for the contest, which is not too shabby considering how much of a "niche" idea it is.

My favorites were the ones about beetleschess, fishing, pirates, and outer space.


No comments: