Friday, January 26, 2018

More contests, all squares

I'm still sticking with very easy repeats. For the "Spanish Tiles" challenge, I used colors from this photo [Edited: original twitter link died] that was making the rounds a few weeks back and did simple, stripped-down monochrome versions of tile designs.

geometric tiles

I got 49 votes and ended up bang in the middle. My favorite was probably this one.

Then, for the Greek Art challenge, I did a montage of Ancient Greek architecture, in the white/cyan color scheme you always see in vacation photos of Greece.

Collage of Ancient Greek Architectural Details

I honestly thought this one was rather meh compared to my Spanish Tiles entry, but it did way better - 84 votes and it made it into the top 100 (the top 1/3 in fact). My favorite was the swirling Greek key ribbon.

No comments: