Thursday, January 11, 2018

2018???

And I'm back! I've actually done a few crafty things in the long gap since I posted.

1 - My son's school had a penny drive. We had this big bear-shaped jar and my spouse had the idea to give it to his class to collect money in. I decided to draw a silly label for it.


2 - I had a swatch of this design in the poly satin. The same son took a liking to it and called it "glorious!" He asked for a pillow case made out of it. I decided to make it reversible so he would have four different designs to choose from. I recolored the other three (sneakers, pickles, word shapes) to match the scarabs.


(Which reminds me, I need to go post those other three fabrics into a collection together...)

3 - Also on the subject of pillowcases, he had fond memories of a tool-patterned crib sheet and was a little sad to see his younger brother sleeping on it. Well as it so happened, there were two of them, and one ripped - so instead of repairing it I made it into another pillowcase. It took me wayyyyy too long to get around to it though, so he didn't really remember it by the time I actually made it! In any case, it's done now. Yes, I'm aware it totally clashes with the other one (as does everything else on his bed) but so be it.


4 - I sewed a few more Baby's Book of Computer Science for gifts for friends' babies.

5 - Made gift bags for four kids for the 2016 redwoods trip:


6 - And for five kids for the 2017 redwoods trip:


7 - Sewed a longer pocket into my new jeans so I can put my phone all the way in (using a scrap of cotton sateen - not my design):



Finally, I took a break from the Spoonflower contests but with the new year I'm giving it another go. The first one for 2018 was for designs inspired by African wax prints. This was my take:

Joyful Checks Stripes and Circles

I got 62 votes and made it just out of the bottom third. My favorite was this yellow floral.

No comments: