Thursday, February 9, 2012

Art Deco

This week's contest was for an Art Deco design that only uses four colors. First, I browsed around on ColourLovers for Art Deco-inspired palettes, and decided to go with this one (minus the black):
One_Year_Abroad
Color by COLOURlovers

As for the design, there is a park a few blocks from the house where I grew up, which has all kinds of neat stuff - a duck pond, a playground, and a community center which has a pool and a library among other things. We used to go there every weekend to check books out of the library. I remember at one point, I think when I was a young teenager, they did some restoration work on some Art Deco molding on the outside of that building. I can't quite remember what it looked like, and I couldn't find a picture of it online, but I could at least find pictures of the front of the building. It has some interesting concrete shades over the windows, so I adapted the shape of that front panel of windows into this design.

Windows in Sacramento

It came in 233 out of 275, with 40 votes.

No comments: