Monday, July 22, 2019

Next batch of designs

For the "paint by number" contest, I used the paint-by-number roses I made for Maren's quilt, with bolder colors.

Jumbled Roses, Paint-by-numbers style

My favorite was the heron woods.

For "vintage postcards," I did the BACKS of postcards.

Awaiting Your Message

My favorite was the Hawaiian themed cards.

Then we had a theme to do an animal portrait that would fit on a tea towel. I thought it would be funny to do a tribute to the inescapable "Baby Shark" song, but in the style of those really old-fashioned portraits with the baby in a big, lacy white dress. So that was fun! I wanted to add more detail to the frame, to make it look like a carved wood frame, but ran out of time.

Ye Olde Baby Shark (Do Do Do Do Do)

Next the challenge was to do a print that would work for boys' clothing. I adapted the orange doodle design I did of a bunch of Bruce's favorite stuff and did it in color instead.

Joy in a Boy

My favorite was the bugs on stripes.

Lastly, another restricted palette contest where we had to use bronze, peach, and light & dark teal (and optionally black and white). I based my design on this image and added some mysterious symbols.

pocket glyphs

I thought the ginkgo best used these colors.

Of all these entries, the boys' clothing doodle did by far the best!


No comments: