Saturday, February 17, 2018

Otters

For the otter contest, I wanted to do something that would work on the gauze fabric Spoonflower added fairly recently - like what those muslin swaddlers are made out of. Since it crinkles so much, they recommend doing a sparser design, such as just motifs on a white background. So I did simplified otter faces (based on sea otters specifically) in a simple brick repeat.

Jade Otter Faces

This actually made it into the top 100! The entries for this one got pretty repetitive though. Sooooo many arrangements of floating otters on a blue/green background. My favorite of that type was this one. Slightly breaking away from the pack, I also liked this batik-style entry. The one I liked the look of most was this one, though I think the designer actually has seals in there instead of otters. Hmm.

No comments: