Sunday, July 27, 2008

Turkey Burgers

In my family, the day you do the grocery shopping is called Cornucopia Day, because suddenly the house is filled with delicious fresh food! Saturday is Cornucopia Day for me & Mr. Mongie.
Delicious Burger
So yesterday (Saturday), we had these burgers for dinner. The patties are ground turkey with chopped onion and Worcestershire sauce mixed in. I stumbled on a new technique for mixing it together - I put the onions in the bowl first, then the Worcestershire sauce, so that it soaks partly into the onions. Then I put the meat on top of that and smoosh it all together. This distributes the sauce more evenly than pouring it onto the meat and then mixing. The tomato is an heirloom variety from the supermarket, and the avocado is from a friend with an avocado tree. Both the tomato and avocado had nice strong flavors. Put it all together and you get a yummy, if tall, burger.

No comments: