Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Second quilt with custom fabric

I mentioned in yesterday's post that I was using Spoonflower to create custom fabric for two baby quilts in progress, but only showed the one for my niece. Here's the one in progress for my nephew:
Waterpolo puppies quilt laid out for basting

It's golden lab puppies playing water polo! The inspiration for this is that my brother-in-law is a water polo coach (and my sister-in-law played in high school), and they have a golden lab. So I put those elements together into what I think is a quite adorable scene.

This picture was taken when I had it laid out for basting. I'm still trying to decide exactly how I will quilt it. That's why I've started on the quilting for Maren's first, even though she's younger - I already know exactly how I'm starting that.

No comments: