Thursday, March 8, 2018

Art Deco

This week's contest was to do an Art Deco-style design, but one that looks good on a large scale. They displayed all the entries mocked up on a bedspread (since you can do that with any Spoonflower design on Roostery now) instead of just the usual flat view of the repeat.  I originally did a big patchwork of a bunch of different Art Deco patterns, but it was too busy, too small, and, well, ugly. So I picked the one patch I liked the best and quadrupled its size:

Art Deco Composition

Here's what it looks like in the mockup:



This was one of the best results I've had in a contest. I came in 45th place, which put me in the top 10% since there were over 500 entries.  My favorite was the lacy one, which actually ended up winning first place.


No comments: